Saturday, April 4, 2009

April Showers??

I'm sure most of you reading this probably actually experienced this (or at least heard about it) yesterday.  Welcome to Cedar City, right, everyone knows its Spring but the weather!  This picture is the view from my front porch last night- looks pretty much the same this morning.  The real reason I decided to post something about this is actually to say something nice that happened to me because of the lovely spontaneous Spring snow storm.  I left work late yesterday in the middle of all of the sloshy yuckiness and was pretty anxious to go pick up Ava and get home to see Jer and start the weekend.  As I'm walking out to my car to get on my way, one of the guys doing snow removal for the bank (where I work) is in the process of shoveling the sidewalk.  He noticed me and graciously offered to go out of his way to specifically shovel a path for me to my car AND THEN he asked me for my window scraper and cleared my windows for me.  It really touched me that he noticed me and took the time to help me- especially when it wasn't asked for and he had other things to do himself.  I hope that I can look out for others more the way this man did for me.


2 comments:

Jami said...

Snow past mid-February should be illegal.

I'm so sorry. The good thing about Cedar is that it melts fast. . .right? Hope it's all gone by now!

Niki said...

So nice! I just think Heavenly Father needed a little April Fools' fun! My students rolled out sugar cookies and cut them into Christmas shapes (hey, it felt like Christmas!)