Jer is going to think I'm silly for posting this, but yesterday I received a very interesting comment. Our apartment manager came by to do some work and while he was here he asked me when I was due. I told him November 21st which only leaves about five more weeks. His reply to me was quite odd, I thought anyway, especially considering I don't even really know the kid (I refer to him as kid because I can't even remember his name). He said to me something along the lines of "well I would imagine. . . you don't look like you can even make it another month." Maybe I'm just being pregnant, hormonal, emotional, but this seemed like an interesting comment to make to someone who just happens to be pregnant, hormonal, emotional. I know that I said I would put a belly shot on here and I haven't yet so you can't really tell for yourselves yet but sheesh. . . I didn't think I was THAT big!! I'm thinking that this is probably something that almost every woman who has had a baby has gone through so if any of you have any comforting words for me I would love to hear them :)
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
sorry. No insightful words here, but oooo, what a jerk! I'm sorry Michelle. All I've heard about you is how truly small you are for how far along you are. Sometimes people just don't think. I hate that.
The bigger the belly - the happier the baby? I have received every rude comment under the sun, but there are also the nice ones that you have trouble believing! Seriously - size isn't an issue when you're pregnant, every inch is proof of the sacrifice you're making and that makes you a GOOD MOMMY ALREADY!!!
dont you just love rude insensitive people! I bet you look great. Being pregnant is beautiful in every stage, and especially just before you bring the miracle into the world. Be thankful for every moment you have with your sweet baby inside you, I miss that even though it is great to have him in my arms there is something amazing and so special about being pregnant! so that guy can just keep his comments to himself!
I feel your pain. Lately random strangers have been helping themselves to a little belly rub while asking if it's twins...TWINS? I am only 7 months along, can I possibly look that ready. The worst comment I have ever received was from a sister-in-law who said "wow, 7 months, you are going to have to find a cart to tote that tummy around before she's due. REALLY? Did she think that was a compliment? People are insane, I guess we just rack it up to expereince and move on. People amaze me! By the way, I am twice your size and 4 weeks behind, you look gorgeous!
Stupid comments!! I bet you look adorable! I had the opposite problem, which sounds stupid, but people kept asking when I was due and I would tell them. They would reply by saying I didn't look that big at all. I would just smile but inside I was thinking, "I have been sick, grumpy, uncomfortable for almost 9 months and I want credit for every day of being pregnant!!" Hang in there! Your sweet baby girl will be here before you know it!
Post a Comment