Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Introduction to Critical Thinking: Oh Say, What is Truth?

Critical Thinking is one of the most important sets of skills a human being can develop. Critical Thinking has been responsible in one form or another for every invention we have benefited from as a human race, for every scientific advancement, and for every branch of mathematics & science, from physics to chemistry, from medicine and biology to astronomy and geology.

When I have the opportunity to speak with others about important topics, Critical Thinking skills are the tools that most often help us to cross obstacles of irrationality and come to some consensus--the goal being the continual struggle to expand our paradigm to "greater light and truth", a clearer view of Objective Reality as it truly is, and not just as we wish it to be. And the times when we are unable to come to some consensus, it is usually because one or the other of us (or both!) has neglected some aspect of critical thinking. Yes, I try to exercise my Critical Thinking skills, but as the word "exercise" suggests--it is something that is developed slowly and surely, not all at once.

All of that being said, I stumbled upon a video the other day that I found insightful and well done, as a sort of introduction to Critical Thinking. I thought I might as well share it on the blog. Those of you who might be interested in the pursuit of greater light and truth will find it interesting and entertaining at the least, and life-altering at the most (okay--maybe not life-altering, or at least not in any huge dramatic sense--but hopefully I've at least piqued your curiosity).

1 comment:

Rachel said...

your posts always get me thinking!!! i actually have some things for you guys to ponder on my blog, especially the attorney generals website and the website for strengthen the family, so much to think about! You are good people and I wish there were more like you!