Thursday, September 23, 2010

New Dinosaurs found in Utah!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100923/ap_on_sc/us_dinosaur_discovery

I think it's pretty safe to say that almost everyone who knows us also knows that I am a huge dinosaur fan.  I've been one since I was old enough to pick up crayons and draw them.  The fantastic possibilities of extensive varieties of life coming and going and leaving only a fossil and geological record behind somehow resonated with mystery for me.  And as I've gotten older, that mystery has only deepened.

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked this morning to find that 2 new dinosaur species have been found in Southern Utah!  Both are varieties of the known and loved "Ceratopsia" group (famous for such varieties as "Triceratops" and "Styracosaurus").  I'm going to stay posted for updates.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so amazing! I think we need to visit the Grand Staircase/Escalante National Monument!

Brandi said...

Wow Jer! Very cool. Thanks :)

Moores said...

That is awesome!