He was also one of the biggest teases I've ever encountered. There was a rule at my Grandma's house when we were little- Courtney and I could not get into the chocolate chips at all, not one little bit. . . unless they were already open. Which they hardly ever were. We always checked though. One day, to our complete delight, we found the bag of chocolate chips, normally sealed tight as can be, was open. So we dug in of course. My Grandma was not so pleased when she found us and I think she thought we were lying when we said the package was open when we found it. It was quite some time later when I realized that Grandpa- knowing we would check- opened the bag and let us take the blame. He was sneaky like that.
I am very grateful for the many other experiences that I was able to have with my Grandpa, listening to him tell stories, feeding the cows and watching him work in his shop. I am very much going to miss him, but I will never forget his tenderness and strength and kindness. I'm so thankful I got to have him in my life.

Our wedding 11/28/03.


At Ava's blessing in February.
Obituary
4 comments:
I'm so sorry, Michelle. I am so glad that you got to know and appreciate him the way you did! Those memories make all the difference. The obituary was really well done. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.
Thanks for the post. I'm happy you have such fond memories of him too. I'm also sorry for your loss. We love you.
Michelle!! I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa's passing. I know that he was dear to you. I hope that you are doing ok! If you need me, I'm here for ya babe!
I am so sorry! I am thinking about you! Love ya!
Post a Comment